Monday, October 16, 2017

All Blacks: premio Princesa de Asturias de los Deportes 2017




My reportage on rugby in New Zealand was published last Sunday in El País Semanal (EPS), the week-end magazine of the Spanish newspaper El País.

The All Blacks have been awarded the 2017 Princesa de Asturias award for the sports, one of the most prestigious distinctions in the world. No award was ever more deserving than this. How can a country with a population of barely four million people dominate a sport the way the All Blacks dominate international rugby?  In order to find out (and to capture it in photos), I travelled around the country for months, photographing rugby teams of all ages and levels. For a former rugby player like myself this was like a pilgrimage to the rugby Mecca. In New Zealand rugby is more a religion than a game.

You can see my photos of rugby in New Zealand in my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment